TOKtheatre – an independent theatre initiative created by the ART Corporation on the basis of creative communication platform TOK in 2020. Developing and using new theatrical forms and formats of interaction between the artist and the public, the theater strives to conduct an honest dialogue on current topics and involve each viewer in what is happening on a stage.
“We initially built a strategy for the event theater, a theater where creators together with the audience create a common theater space.
Inviting bright, relevant, not trivial Directors Alexander Yanushkevich, Yura Divakov, Dmitry Bogoslavsky and Anton Makukha helps us conceptually build a repertoire. We heartily want to think that our activity causes a reaction in everyone who comes into contact with it: it shakes like electricity. We’re for light and shiver. Current is fluid, it transfers energy from one to another-this metaphor is also very close to us.
We want to talk to our audience, it is important to us how each event will respond in their perception”.
Alexander Marchenko, artistic Director of TOKtheater
At the current moment the playbill include 10 performances “Opium”, “Sources of light”, “S uchilischa”, “Prymityvy” and “13 basketball rules formulated by James Naismith” by Alexander Marchenko, “Song of songs” by Yura Divakov, “Guards at the Taj” and “R3. based on the play by W. Shakespeare “Richard III” by Alexandr Yanushkevish, “Seryozha is very dumb” by Dmitry Bogoslavsky and “Arche & Ket” by Anton Makuha.
The theatre productions of TOKtheatre are regularly presented at international theatre festivals in Belarus and abroad.
participation in the Festival of physical theatre “Plastforma”
“Prymityvy”, “Seryozha is very dumb”
participation in the Belarus Open programme of Х International theatre festival “ТEART”
“Song of songs”, “Children’scrusade”
participation in the week of Belarussian theatre in Warsaw and Gdansk
“Song of songs”, “Guards at the Taj”
participation in the Belarus Open programme of IХ International theatre festival “ТEART”
“Song of songs”
3rd place in the top-5 best performances of the year according to the internet-project of theatre arts “Theatre Belarus”
“Guards at the Taj”
4th place in the top-5 best performances of the year according to the internet-project of theatre arts “Theatre Belarus”
“S uchilischa”, “Children’scrusade”
participation in the Belarus Open programme of VIII International theatre festival “ТEART”
2nd place in top-5 best performances of the year according to the internet-project of theatre arts “Theatre Belarus”
the best performance in the category of small scale productions of XXII International theatre festival “BELAYA VEZHA”
the participant of II International theatre festival “TheATRIUM” 2017 in Klaipeda (Lithuania)
the tour to Schauspiel Hannover (Hannover, Germany)
participation in the Belarus Open programme of VI International theatre festival “ТEART”
Sources of light
- A suppressed homosexual, a prostitute and a homeless child. A theatre production about heroes from a shopping mall was shown at OK16: https://afisha.tut.by/news/culture/673215.html?c
- “A tragedy of a young woman who has seen everything and experienced a lot” – a review by Tatiana Orlova about the performance “Sources of light”: https://people.onliner.by/2020/02/26/istochniki-sveta
- A theatre production was presented in Minsk about a painter, who drowned tragically: https://afisha.tut.by/news/culture/643514.html?c
Song of songs
- Love me, love. A premiere of the performance, which will give you a shock, took place in Minsk: https://afisha.tut.by/news/reviews/625473.html?c
- Love is equal to love: https://gromykotheatre.org/2019/01/14/%D0%BB%D1%8E%D0%B1%D0%BE%D0%B2%D1%8C-%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B2%D0%BD%D0%B0-%D0%BB%D1%8E%D0%B1%D0%B2%D0%B8/
Guards at the Taj
- Guards in the underwear and a team of suicide murderers. The story about the best performance of Minsk season so far: https://afisha.tut.by/news/culture/628804.html?c
- “Children’scrusade” A play as a revolution: http://journalby.com/news/krestovyypohodetey-igra-kak-revolyuciya-118
- Sex, innocence, vocational training college. Why is it necessary to see the performance “S uchilischa”: https://afisha.tut.by/news/culture/595862.html?c
- I’m S uchilischa. And I can: http://journalby.com/news/s-uchilishcha-ya-i-ya-mogu-1217
- “ANTI[GONE]”. How to win a battle with history: http://journalby.com/news/antigone-kak-pobedit-proshloe-967
- “In order to avoid war”. “Opium” of our stereotypes: http://journalby.com/news/aby-ne-bylo-vayny-opium-nashih-stereotipov-949
- The residents of Minsk managed to fundraise 45 millions Belarusian rubles. A report from a secret premiere: https://afisha.tut.by/news/anews/492754.html?c